Javascript

Monday, May 21, 2012

Please Sir, Can I Have Some More?

Much to the dismay of my wife, I spent far too much time playing Diablo 3 this weekend.  It took me a total of 22 hours, but I managed to get through normal mode, finishing at level 32 on my Monk with 1.4K HP, and about 300 DPS.

I was really surprised at how quickly Act IV went by.  Then again, it was really quite fun, and I think I missed two areas that weren't a part of the quest, and didn't get a chance to go back and do them.

I think I did a similar thing in Act I.  I saw, and neglected to enter the Khazra Moon Clan Den and the Watchtower.  When I was done with the main quest for the zone, I tried to go back and locate them, but I couldn't find them.  Either I misremembered their location, or they just closed up.  Never mind.  When I go through  the zone in Nightmare mode, I'll be making sure to enter any and all doors that I haven't been in previously.  Even the rooms of Leah and Cain got a visit in Nightmare, earning an achieve that could have been completed on Normal.

Last night I did some fun teaming up with a friend.  He was level 36, I was still 32 or 33.  I died quite a few times, but then he chipped in that his higher level was making the elites tougher.  Perhaps.  I was thinking it was more because of my low HP (he was 2K at the end of normal on his Monk, compared to my 1.4K), and shoddy game play.  Either way, I'll be looking for more Dex/Vitality equipment on the AH.

Certain icons have significance.  So when I jumped on an alt to transfer my stash full of rare items, the glowing white/blue padlocks were interpreted as being items that could not be moved, not just items that could not be equipped.  I'm such a sign follower, that it didn't even occur to me to try and move the iconed items.  43K gold and 100K needed for a new tab, I was willing to do the grind.  With the short coop play, I managed to get up to 64K.  Shortly before the end of the evening, I worked out that I could move the items, so I ended up blowing a bunch of gold on blacksmith and jewel crafting upgrades, and a couple of bids.

Back down to 28K again, but it should only take a couple of nights to get all that back.  Especially now that I know with Subtle Essence pricing being about the 14g to 20g mark, you're much better of selling magic items worth more than 20g, than salvaging them.

No comments:

Post a Comment