Javascript

Thursday, June 04, 2009

It's Good To Have Goals

It's good to have goals, and this blog is usually about updates on the progression of my toons.  In fact, here's a snapshot of where things are at:
  • Znakharka, 62
  • Dubh, 63
  • Chivers and Nevynoch, 70
  • Bojsen, 72
  • Fidgette, 74
  • Grizzlyadam, Colerejuste, Hinny, and Pathak 80
So I thought I'd do an entry noting some of those goals.

Since most of my updates are about leveling, its a fairly safe bet that one of my goals is to level all 10 toons to lvl80 on Malygos.  So far, 4 from 10.

One of the other goals is to see each of them equiped with epic flyers.  Halfway there on that count, with Fidgette getting an early look in.  Gotta love the hula girl bobbing away on the dashboard.

One goal already fulfilled is to have enough heirloom shoulders to cover all armor types.  I did see somewhere else that the armor type would actually change to match the class of the user.  Maybe I'll try that out, sometime, since Pathaks plate shoulders arent doing much and might be better off donated to Znak or Dubh, while Fidge and Nevy can hold on to theirs.

You'd think that would be enough, but sometimes you need something else.  It can get boring doing the same quests over and over.  So here are some secondary goals to fill the gaps with:

  • Darkmoon Decks.  Hinny and Nevy have been working on this one, doing a tag teams of herb collection and card production. I'd really like the Greatness trinket for most of my toons, though I'll settle for the Prisms one for a few of the casters.
  • Crafted Gear.  I'm finding that it takes quite alot longer to craft cloth gear than it does blacksmithing gear. Hinny got a Titansteel Destroyer the other day, and I'll be gearing her with the helm and boots next.  Then I'll work on the one hand mace for Pathak, and spell blades for GA, Boj and Chivers (cant remember if mages can equip daggers).  I'll also be working on Moonshroud and Ebonweave sets for GA and Boj.  I'll figure out the remainding alts when they reach lvl 80.
  • Professions Leveling.  This happens anyway.  Tailoring for GA has been the hardest so far, but thats only because I havent even tried LW.
  • Sons of Hodir.  Any toon that I'll want to take to heroic would benefit from this, not to mention the cash injection from doing the dailies for two weeks solid.
  • Faction Reps.  I guess that comes down to which reps are good for which gear.  Ebon Blade and Wyrmrest Accord are great for Ret pallies, but Argent Crusade is not.  Kirin Tor seems to be the hardest, with little in the way of rep dailies amounting to the same amount vs effort, compared with Ebon Blade.
  • Vanity items.  Fidge wants a Hog. All my clothies want fast rugs.  Maybe Znak will pick up a Mammoth, not really sure or sold on the idea just yet.
As you can see, I have my work cut out for me, and the roller coaster starts up again when the next expansion is released.

No comments:

Post a Comment